Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (Disneyland Record, 1971)

Here's "a magnificent full-color illustrated book and long-playing record" of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (ST-3801, 1971), my favorite spooky Disney short, which was originally part of the 1949 package feature The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, and later parted out as its own short under the title The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. Another Washington Irving penned story, The Legend of Rip Van Winkle, is also on the album.

Unfortunately the second-hand copy pictured here, while having all its pictures intact, is missing one key element: the record! So while I haven't actually heard this adaptation, the great song that Brom Bones sings at the Halloween party to scare poor Ichabod, "The Headless Horseman", sung by Thurl Ravenscroft, is available for download from I-Tunes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I stumbled across this and it brought back memories of this record so I had to do some searching on the Internet. Enjoy!

http://www.imeem.com/people/ucvnRPN/music/lK4pcCxy/disney-the-legend-of-sleepy-hollow/

Brother Bill said...

DS:

Cool! I'm listening right now.

Thanks,
Bill

Skullptor said...

I have the record but it features different cover art showing a bearded old man (ripvanwinkle). Is this the same record you're talking about?